TJM Pro Air Locker, Dana 60 HD, 12 bolt, 35 spline, 4.56 & Up (TJM168PL33)
Part Number: 168PL33
Differential Type: Dana 60 HD (9.75” ring gear OD)
Carrier Break: 4.56 & UP Ratios
Ring Gear Bolts: 12 (Not Included)
Axle Spline Count: 35
1.5" Shaft Diameter
Manufacturer: TJM - Pro Locker
Required Parts for Locker Installation:
- REQUIRED: 013COMPVCP - Pro Locker Compressor (includes, pressure switch, activation switch and wire harness)
- REQUIRED: 013COMPVHD - Pro Locker Heavy Duty Compressor, Multi Purpose w/ Wiring Harness
- OPTIONS: 013TJMCOMP1 - TJM Portable Compressor
CAN ALSO WORK WITH
These parts are required for installing this product on your vehicle.
CKSA12 air compressor (extremely compact, operates up to 2 air lockers, not intended for oversized tire inflation) or
CKMTA12 air compressor (still compact, operates up to 2 air lockers when paired with 171503, will inflate tires AND run air tools when paired with a 171302 and will run even faster when paired with a 171501 air tank
WHY TJM AIR LOCKERS
- Unique air operated actuator is statically mounted to the
differential housing, eliminating the possibility of air seal wear and
oil being pumped up the airline.
- Hardened locking ring is extremely strong with a full 9mm of
engagement on both the inner and outer diameters.
- Carrier housing manufactured from high quality SG iron material.
- Carrier housing designed with increased section thickness for high
strength compared to open OE carriers.
- Hardened 1 piece cross shaft used for the highest internal gear set
- 4 pinion gear design delivering increased strength compared to OE 2 pinion gear.
- Hardened thrust washers used for increased gear durability.
- High grade 12.9 fasteners used for maximum carrier housing
- Reinforced heavy duty external hose extension is supplied as
standard to minimize the risk of the airline being damaged by
debris while driving.
- No carrier modification needed other than the drilling and tapping
of a bulkhead fitting.
- Robust design equals less maintenance.
- Colored LED cabin switches show clearly when TJM Pro Locker is
on or off.
- Patented design that has been used and proven in the field for
over 20 years.
The operation of the Pro Locker differential is simple and straight forward. Utilizing compressed air, the internal selector ring will engage the lock ring. Once the TJM Pro Locker is engaged it forms a solid link between the carrier and the side gears. The differential is now locked and will deliver equal drive to both axles. The vehicle that was once suspended in mid air can now have equal power delivered to the wheel on firmer ground and can be driven out of the situation. Unlocking the differential involves the pressurized air being redirected through an exhaust port on the solenoid valve. The spring and the actuator pushes the selector ring back, which in turn pulls the locking ring back out of engagement with the side gear. The differential is now unlocked and the gears are free to differentiate as before.
TJM Pro Lockers are innovative air operated differential lockers that allow you to send equal drive to both wheels.